I’m self-employed, what documents do I need to provide to get a mortgage?

We would just need your latest business accounts for the last 3 years. If you don’t have 3 years worth of accounts, we can use a combination of SA302’s (HMRC self-assessment┬átax returns) and Tax Year Overviews.

If you have an accountant, the lender may also request an accountant’s certificate and/or projection.

It really does depend on your individual circumstances, so if your self-employment is complicated, one of our brokers will be able to help work out the best way to proceed.